In this episode of Smashing the Plateau, a podcast that interview experts who know how to fix problems that keep people and businesses stuck, host David Shriner-Cahn interviewed Meeteor Founder and CEO of Meeteor and author of Momentum: Creating Effective, Engaging and Enjoyable Meetings on effective meeting practices.
- Why Mamie’s family business was instrumental in her own entrepreneurial journey
- The common mistakes most people make when it comes to meetings (and how to fix them)
- How Mamie’s company was founded on a personal pain point she experienced
- Defining a meeting; the characteristics that Meeteor uses to classify a meeting
- Using alternative methods and tools of communication
- How to determine when a meeting is an absolute requirement (and when it’s not)
- Recognizing when conversations should be turned into a meeting